The Underwater Curiosity Park is within Portland Harbour Authority’s area of jurisdiction and to dive it a diving permit is required. Click here to buy a dive permit online from Portland Harbour Authority.
All vessels are also required to have paid small vessel harbour dues. Click here to pay Portland Harbour dues for small vessels online.
Alternatively, vessel dues (essentially a boat licence) and diving permits can be purchased in person from the following outlets on the day:
- The Old Harbour Dive Centre, 11 Nothe Parade, Weymouth, DT4 8TX. Tel: 01305 760888
- Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy, Osprey Quay, Portland, DT5 1SA. Tel: 01305 866000
- Ferrybridge Marine, Ferryman’s Way, Weymouth, DT4 9YU. Tel: 01305 777350
- The Aqua Hotel, Castletown, Portland, DT5 1BD. Tel: 01305 860269
- W L Bussell & Co, 30 Hope Street, Weymouth, DT4 8TU. Tel: 01305 785633
Dues/licences are available by the day, week, seasonal or annual and don’t cost much.
For terms and conditions of boat and dive permits and more information go to www.portland-port.co.uk.
The Assistant Harbour Master patrols the area in his RIB so you won’t get away with not paying your dues and licence fees.